WHAT IS MY SOLO PLAN™?
My Solo Plan is a comprehensive contingency, continuity, and succession plan that keeps your practice operating, your clients represented, and your business asset protected, when you are mentally or physically disabled or in the event of your death. Attorneys created My Solo Plan for attorneys, CPAs, other professionals, or anyone with a solely owned business. My Solo Plan gives you the essential tools and legal documents necessary to keep your business running until you can return – or have it sold for a proper value.
WHO NEEDS MY SOLO PLAN™?
Solo Practitioners who care what happens to their practice, clients, employees, and family in the event of their disability or death. Solo Practitioners are vulnerable, and without a designee to help, their practice cannot carry on. That is why we created My Solo Plan. My Solo Plan provides:
- Business Continuity
- Business Succession
- Asset Protection
- Peace of Mind
WHY DO I NEED MY SOLO PLAN™?
You spent a lifetime building your practice. With My Solo Plan, you can easily protect it. The reasons why you, as a Solo Practitioner, have not implemented a contingency plan are universal:
- Did not know there is an issue.
- Don’t know what to do.
- Issues are complicated and overwhelming.
- Solution is formidable and daunting.
- Don’t have the time!
This is exactly why The Bruechert Law Firm created My Solo Plan. As to why you need it, the answer is obvious. You need to provide your clients and dependents with a plan that:
- Provides for business continuity and business succession in the event you are unable to practice.
- Protects the asset – that is your business, which you spent a lifetime building.
- Assures peace of mind for all those who depend on you–your spouse or partner, children, parents, employees and clients.
As a Solo Practitioner, it is hard to put yourself first due to time constraints. My Solo Plan solves this dilemma and protects those who depend upon you with a well thought out, fully packaged solution, prepared by attorneys for attorneys, CPAs, and sole business owners.
THOSE WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM MY SOLO PLAN™ ARE SOLO PRACTITIONERS WHO:
- View their business as an asset with a value that should be preserved and can be transferred.
- Understand that clients will find someone else to represent them in the event of an inability to practice. Shouldn’t that person be hand selected by you?
- Need an alternative to having a partner or associate.
- Care about their clients and family and want to ensure that these people get the help they need if anything were to happen.
Planning for and protecting your practice in the event you are unable to perform is something you owe your clients, family, employees and – yourself. Thus far the problem has been how. The solution is: My Solo Plan.
HOW WILL MY SOLO PLAN™ PROTECT MY PRACTICE, CLIENTS, DEPENDENTS AND EMPLOYEES?
- Your practice will continue to operate when you are disabled or in the event of your death.
- Your clients – the people you have cultivated and served for years – are not abandoned in your absence, but are represented.
- Protect and transfer your asset – that is the practice you have spent a lifetime working to create and enable those who depend on you to have access to that asset.
- Leave the destiny of your practice in the hands of a trusted, competent professional, handpicked by you.
HOW DO I SELECT AN ASSISTING PRACTITIONER?
We will guide you through the process of a proper selection as part of the services The Bruechert Law Firm provides to clients while creating a personalized My Solo Plan. Chances are you already know the person you’d select to handle your practice.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES REQUIRED OF MY ASSISTING PRACTITIONER?
Some duties include:
- Notifying clients of the situation and informing them of their options for continued representation
- Assuring clients that their matters will be attended to during this period.
- Requesting adjournments or extensions to protect your clients’ rights.
- Overseeing business operations and managing your employees.
- Paying bills and collecting accounts receivable.
- Maintaining the confidence and continuity of clients.
- Communicating and helping the Planning Practitioner or estate.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT IF I AM INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT MY SOLO PLAN™?
Contact The Bruechert Law Firm for a confidential, no obligation consultation. We are here to help walk you through the process, show you the documents we have prepared, and put you on the right path to protecting the asset you spent a lifetime building.